Jessie Vaid, CEO and Founder, has been a notary in British Columbia for over 15 years, building and executing thousands of Estate plans. He identified three problems with the current process—complexity, cost, and access. After an online search, he realized that if there was anything out there, he would be using it in his own practice. He identified a real-life problem that, if solved, could help millions of people.
Q: What are current problems? What is your solution for this?
A: Did you know that:
· Less than 50% of Canadians have a completed will
· 60% of Canadians that do have an Estate plan, have not shared that information with anyone
· Only 10,000,000 Canadians have just started their Estate plan
We designed ReadyWhen to address this problem by being a simple, secure, and fast digital Estate management solution. Built by subject matter experts with over +15 years of legal experience, we proactively guide users to enter, upload and store the right information so they can build a complete Estate plan. We also help when the inevitable happens by guiding both the family and executor so they know what to do, who to contact, and how to manage a tough situation. This is all built on our platform using military-grade encryption and security protocols.
Q: Any highlights on your recent announcement?
A: We recently announced a first-of-its-kind technology partnership with Estateably, Canada’s leading cloud-based estate administration platform for professionals. By connecting both platforms, we can help estate executors and beneficiaries save countless hours and thousands of dollars when the inevitable happens.
Recommended: 5 PDF Tips & Tricks To Master In 2022 & Beyond
Q: Can you give us more insights into your offering?
A: ReadyWhen, with applications for both consumers and professionals, is a proactive life planning solution that guides users to enter essential information to manage and complete their estate. Estateably, a workflow and productivity tool, is utilized by legal professionals once the inevitable happens to settle an estate and carry it through probate, making life easier for the executor and family. By implementing this integrated solution, professionals and their executor clients can drastically reduce estate settlement times, which according to the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Canada, currently takes two to three years on average
Q: What can we expect from your company in the next 6 months? What are your plans?
A: The goal for 2022, is twofold:
- To get ReadyWhen in the hands of as many people as possible: To do that, we are focused on building strong partner relationships that believe in what we are building and looking to shift fundamental behaviour. We have been busy on the sales front to achieve this goal and we have a few things we cannot wait to share early next year.
- Create frictionless innovation to drive activity on the platform: Our biggest hurdle is changing behaviour and getting people to proactively life plan because the stats show that we clearly do not want to think about this. To do that we are constantly innovating the product to make creating, managing, and sharing a ReadyWhen account simple, secure, and fast.
Q: What is the best thing about your company that people might not know about?
A: Like most technology companies, ReadyWhen was born out of an idea but the founders also had to deal with Estate management in one way or the other.Activate Social Media: